--- Vincent Massol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

That's essentially what the Logging component is.
It's a trade-off.  If you go with an abstraction
layer, then you get the smaller footprint (but only
when you're not actually performing Log4J logging).
Alternatively if you go with explicit Log4J calls,
then you get the whole gamut of functionality, some of
which would be lost in the abstraction layer.

It's a real toss-up.  Since the proposed abstraction
layer does what I need to do, I'll go with the
consensus.  _Personally_, I prefer Log4J, but I
understand the issues.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange