Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 8/14/01 8:04 PM, "Rodney Waldhoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I also think it is reasonable for some people to say they want the smallest
> > JAR/memory footprint that is reasonable.  Asking them to include a 15K+ JAR
> > (I think log4jME was down to ~20K or so) probably isn't very reasonable.
>
> Yea, we only have 640k of memory to play with. Right Mr. Gates?
>
> :-)

As an aside, not wanting to jump into the logging debate...

I do appreciate the joke (its pretty good, actually <grin>), but Rodney does
have a point.  When you are building custom systems with custom hardware, memory
constraints can be a real issue.

Of course, that being said its usually the jars that take up 1M+ that are the
problem, not the ~250K ones.  Although if you add enough of those, you get the
same issue.

Glenn McAllister
SOMA Networks, Inc.