Hi Seb,
Sebastien Lelong wrote: >> I don't like that the directory structure of the current download >> packages have a fixed base directory (\jallib-0.1beta). >> (etc.) > If I understand correctly, you don't want to have the version in the > directory's name which include "lib", "sample", etc... ? > I strongly disagree with that :). Because when you download several > versions, you don't know which one you have! I feared I wasn't 100% clear... let me try again. I want the files in a ZIP-file to expand in the directory I indicate (mostly the current directory), and if the ZIP-file has subdirectories these must become subdirectories of that (current) directory. I do not want the ZIP-file to create another subdirectory in between. Example: I create on the volume and directory of my choice a subdirectory 'Jallib', make that dir the current directory and unzip 'jallib-0.1.zip'. Now expect to find a README, license and maybe some other main files in 'Jallib', and a subdirectory 'bin' with executables, 'lib' with libraries, 'include' with device files, etc. (names of subdirs may be different of course). I do not want to find only a subdirectory Jallib-0.1 and nothing else in my Jallib directory. I also do not want the ZIPfile to decide for me where it expands, certainly not the volume, but preferrably also not the lowest level directory. And about your 'not knowing which one you have': that will be clear from the name of the ZIP file or tarball. > To do what you say, I use > symlinks: "jallib" pointing to the one I want. If you also want to get rid > of the version, you can simply rename it, can't you ? Most of the time I use a makefile or script for compilations, but I do not want to change these for a new library. I always rename the old library to something with a version indicator, and give the new library the generic name without version indicator. Regards, Rob. -- Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/) --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "jallib" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
