>
>
>
> I feared I wasn't 100% clear... let me try again.

[...snip...]


This what I understood.


>
> I also do not want the ZIPfile to decide for me where it expands,
> certainly not the volume, but preferrably also not the lowest level
> directory.


OK, this is what I suggest, but only for ZIP files.


> And about your 'not knowing which one you have': that will be clear from
> the name of the ZIP file or tarball.


You'll know which one you download, but you won't know which one you have
since the directory where you expand it does not contain the version
("jallib"). I'll create a VERSION file, within the archives, to do this.


> > To do what you say, I use
> > symlinks: "jallib" pointing to the one I want. If you also want to get
> rid
> > of the version, you can simply rename it, can't you ?
>
> Most of the time I use a makefile or script for compilations, but I do
> not want to change these for a new library. I always rename the old
> library to something with a version indicator, and give the new library
> the generic name without version indicator.


OK, you'll be able to do this with ZIP.


Seb
-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to