Regarding to connectors spacing, I used Eagle files from Freeduino
project. When you make a board or a shield, you must set the grid to
50mils and you will have no problems.

I'm always doing this when I do PCB boards (long before the Arduino
thing). Is a must when your traces snap to grid ;) . And many times
you will need to reduce the grid even more to fit the traces...

On short version, I find the 100mils spacing grid to no use in making
PCB's so there is a false problem.

On Aug 26, 7:28 am, William <[email protected]> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Perhaps I am too late with this coment, but:
>
> Be careful with the pin spacing -- the original 'shields' had a very
> weird problem between (their) pins 7 & 8, such that their shields
> absolutely do not 'land' on a 100 mil grid.  This is a pain if you
> want to homebrew your own shields, or if you want to plug an 'off-the-
> shelf' shield into your homebrew board or breadboard.
>
> There are some nice workarounds, like on the Seeeduino, where they
> provide two rows pins, so you can choose the weird shield pin-out or a
> standard 100-mil grid pin-out.
>
> I'll go back and review what your goals are for this project before I
> say anything further.
>
> William
>
> On Aug 25, 2:51 pm, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
>
> > I'm looking for some feedback from Arduino's users. As you may know, a new
> > project named Jaluino is aimed to clone the idea of Arduino shields: provide
> > a common base, and just plug a daughter board on it.
>
> > As the project has started, Vasi (Funlw65) also tried to build such a board.
> > His board, renamed FreeJalduino, provides the same shape for shield
> > connectors, so you can plug an original Arduino shield on it. Looks
> > promising.
>
> > My doubts is how can a PIC provide the same functionalities as an ATMega,
> > and as consequence, how can a PIC drive an Arduino shield ? For instance,
> > ATMega has many PWM channels (like 6) whereas most PICs have 2 channels (if
> > not only one). 18F2550 & 18F4550 have two channels. These differences made
> > me think this wasn't possible, but I may be wrong, and would like your
> > opinion on this.
>
> > Should Jaluino be Arduino-shield compatible ? Does the PWM example is an
> > exception that could be considered as a "simple" limitation ? Or should we
> > go our own way ?
>
> > Thanks
> > Seb
> > --
> > Sébastien Lelonghttp://www.sirloon.nethttp://sirbot.org
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to