On Aug 26, 3:43 pm, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Sure, but you didn't answer: does an intermediate shield, acting as pin
> compatible layer between Jaluino and Arduino,
Of course it can be build

> seem to be a good compromise ?
but at this part, only users can answer.

> Beside that, do you agree using our own shield layout would be better for
> our jal board (because it's 100% dedicated to PIC) ?
I don't see how Arduino shield layout can't be 100% dedicated to PIC
as long as we use the PIC for that...
On Arduino board you will see <b>arduino pin silk</b> (an Arduino
convention), not ATmega or PIC pin notations...
If an Arduino language programmer use the board (via Pinguino), then
here can be Arduino silk. If is about a PIC programmer, then a normal
18F Pic pin silk can be used as reference.

Yes, with the actual Jaluino medium shield, pins are in a more
convenient order.

In order to use Arduino shields, I had few objectives:
1. To provide the 6 analog inputs starting from A0
2. To match Tx/Rx Arduino pinout
3. To have at least a half of a port inline on connectors...
4. To decide what are the two pins which had to be dropped... It was
logical to me to be Aref and D13 (LED)  (now I think A4 should be
D13)...
I don't know if is the best arrangement, I will see when I will port
some Arduino projects with the help of Pinguino and Processing.

As PIC USB development board, I will use JAL (also Swordfish Basic can
be a very good option). For other PIC projects, I can use any language
from the market...
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to