Hi Richard,
See here how i want to make my next board based on 4550:
http://sites.google.com/site/funlw65/electronics/jaluino-pinguino-28-pins-starting-bo/freejalduino-mega?pli=1

It have a lot of bridges but is because of Arduino shield
compatibility. It can be made at home and also as a double-sided pro
board (through hole components).

Is also designed to be programed with Pinguino (but Pinguino must be
adapted to it - is not hard to do).

Of course, I'm not an expert. The design can be much better...

Regards,
Vasi

On Aug 27, 11:59 pm, Richard <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Seb and others
>
> On Aug 26, 2:43 pm, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > > I needed two more pins... Arduino use Tx/Rx pins also as digital pins.
> > > We are using USB pins only for USB...
>
> > > I can't decide about a layout... I presented my point of view (which
> > > is also your). I can't say it will be a success to follow Arduino
> > > "rules" but I can say there are many people interested. My web traffic
> > > increased dramatically and from countries where Arduino was successful
> > > (I guess) ...
>
> > > Of course, a correct decision can be made only if people come and
> > > discuss here. So, I will let others to speak.
>
> > Sure, but you didn't answer: does an intermediate shield, acting as pin
> > compatible layer between Jaluino and Arduino, seem to be a good compromise ?
>
> Yes, a very good one.
>
> > Beside that, do you agree using our own shield layout would be better for
> > our jal board (because it's 100% dedicated to PIC) ?
>
> Yes again, because this is a PIC board and not a ATMega.
>
> Still I think it is interesting to make an intermediate shield to
> place an arduino shield on a Jaluino as you mentioned above, because a
> lot of (functions on the ) shields will work and arduino people can
> switch low cost to Jal :-).
> I don’t think it is smart to put time in making an intermediate shield
> for an arduino to use Jaluino shields ( if they ever would be
> interested you use our shields they can make it them selfs).
> I have to check if it is possible to make a intermediate shield
> without changing the position of the connectors on the Jaluino (if the
> position is almost the same it could be a problem).
> I will also check if it is simple to add i2c (r’s and connector and
> jumpers) to the existing Jaluino medium (I removed it to make a simple
> layout as I mentioned in pervious mails).
>
> I am reading a lot of suggestions for the Jaluino medium but don’t
> forget it must stay a home brew one (not?) and this means a lot of
> limitation like pin positions and so on.
> But it is possible to make a Jaluino medium hardware pin compatible
> (distance) with an arduino same as it is possible to make the Jaluino
> medium pcb the same size as an arduino board but this won’t be a
> homebrew one like the  Jaluino medium now.
> In the future I’d like to make a Jaluino medium pro double sided. SMT
> and with more bells and whistles than the homebrew one. And, off
> course, once we are satisfied with the homebrew one; with the same
> connector positions as this will be then our Jaluino base lay out.
>
> Seb thanks for making and testing the Jaluino medium board it is very
> nice to see it being made and used.
> I have only one question: I am not sure but it looks like you did not
> use a ceramic type of condensator for C5. But it must be this type of
> condensator (as you can see in the manual).
> A ceramic type you can see onwww.farnell.comarticle number 1216441
> Greetz
>
> Richard
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to