Hi Richard,

> This I is not necessary, the usb connector does not limit the size of
> a shield
> The only limitation is that you probably cannot place components at
> the position
> of the usb connector on the pcb of your shield ( if you really need to
> make such a big shield).

Ah, ok. I intend to use this board (the 18F2550 for now) for a couple
of projects and I think the shields will be large because I'm not
using SMD components.


> > Counting this, and my limited experience, you must admit, I did a good
> > job :-P
>
> Yes, but only if it is working as it should

I hope.

> A small tip, try only to draw traces horizontal, vertical or in 45
> degree.
> A pcb must also be a kind  of an art.

Thanks for the tip. I know, I like them too, having a symmetrical
aspect but this involve increasing the size of the board :-( . If the
traces are thin then can be made a little nice than it is now but not
with toner transfer method.

> You did not build this pcb yet did you? Because I think you will get
> problems
> with the components placed under the microcontroller even if you will
> use a ic socket.

Yes, I didn't! First I will build the 18F2550 version (almost ready).
But I'm not afraid about not fiting the components under the
microcontroller because J.P.Mandon succeeded  with his Pinguino
18F4550 Tiny Board. See here:
http://jpmandon.blogspot.com/2009/08/18f4550-tiny-board.html
The crystal is only 3mm tall.

Regards,
Vasi
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to