Hi,
I am also planning to move from vi to a java editor. Can any body suggest it . pls give the links.
I need this for Red Hat linux 7.1
Thanks n Regards
Amol

Tony Dean wrote:

Chris,

I tend to agree. Unix in general is a developers environment. The old
DOS environment and Windoze after it are abysmal development
environments. It is only reasonable that IDEs came along to fill that
void. In any UNIX environment IDEs never really caught on and I suspect
that is is due to the fact that a raw Unix environment in the hands of
someone who knows it will give superior productivity to "ANY" IDE.

I used to be a vi kind of guy. Lately I've been using XEmacs with the
Java support. It gives the flexibility of a Unix environment with the
handiness of an IDE. The only thing I miss from VA Java ( I used this
for a while) was the Debugger. IBM makes a killer debugger but I was
happy to let that go to dump the rest of the baggage.

later
td