Amol Kulkarni wrote:

> Hi,
> I am also planning to move from vi to a java editor. Can any body
> suggest it . pls give the links.
> I need this for Red Hat linux 7.1

I think emacs or xemacs with JDE is a good solution. The trick is to
have classpath set for your project before starting up so the compile
with jde will work and also having the -d for the classes output dir
set. I set an env var named CLASSES_DIR and then just set -d
$CLASSES_DIR for the javac option. I also use ant for the build as well
but ant is too slow to build one class.

JDE
http://jde.sunsite.dk/

Hope this helps,