On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 08:57:10AM -0400, Michael Kimsal wrote:
> I think that may have been misunderstood.  I'm suggesting that browser
> makers might actually bundle the javascript libraries with the browser
> directly, such that no downloading of anything extra (other than your app's
> js code) would be required.  That would (or will?) be one more strike
> against external RIA tech.  "YUI is already bundled with FF4" or something
> like that would cause a much bigger uptake in JS-based apps.

So you'd like the browsers to become like Java's standard library --
stuck with old out of date things that can't be removed for backwards
compatibility reasons?

Much more useful is to use something like Gears to store all needed
scripts locally.  Check out wordpress' "turbo" option sometime.  That at
least gets you over the performance / reliability hump.

    http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/gears/

-Dom