Yes then you are right, if you only wish to focus on something
quantifiable as potential installation numbers in the wild, then the
discussion is pointless and starts to look like you're just bull-
baiting me into coming up with a number. However I would still love to
know what then you think of the situation, you are obviously of a
different impression yet didn't really provide counter arguments nor
answer my question.

Also, I'm rather curious as to how you distinguish a trend from a
popularity, I would think it's pretty clear that at no given time in
the last 7 years was J2ME as popular a search query as Android is
today. To me at least, developer interest weighs higher than naïve
installation numbers.

/Casper