I love the netcast. Let me say that again. I loooooooove the netcast.
I look forward to listen to new episodes. Keep up Posse!

now....
> Bottom line: I'd really like to see The Posse discuss this kind of
> thing a little more. I'm sure the talent behind JSF was great and well-
> intentioned, but the community should be putting more attention on the
> better and more successful products in that same space.

I Agree... totally!.

I do not expect high journalism and professionalism from the Posse. I
expect personal opinions from seasoned java programmers. I loved Dick
on ep 262. That's the Spirit!. The thing I love the most is that I am
not being fed with marketing crap, but with experience from guys that
live, suffer and enjoy the quirks of the programming profession, just
as I do; and love the Java, just as I do (I don't find Dick's hating
of the Groovy a problem).

Allow me to express my opinion, since I feel strongly about JSF:

I've worked with JSF starting late 2004. I've Tried oracle's
components, apache trinidad, richfaces, shale, myfaces, icefaces,
facelets, seam, and the woodstock stuff that came with netbeans, coded
my own components, changed the lifecycle, added custom contexts, used
the visual designers (netbeans, exadel), and read the specifications:
1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.

It wasn't bad.

Then I worked in an application coded in wicket. I saw the light,
suddenly the grass was greener, the sky opened up and I felt the warn
sunlight come down into my skin. In only three months I achieved the
same productivity in wicket as I gained over a year in JSF, even
without tooling!!.

I don't want to code in JSF. I am not saying i hate it, but I don't
see any application where it suits better than other alternatives.

You might say JSF 2.0 solves most of the pains. Well, That's five
years after the first one came out. Say again... FIVE years.

Bottom line: more discussion, more analysis, more preparation, and, if
deserved, more criticism.

--
Marcelo Morales