A couple of factual JCP points in response to the original post.

1) The Sun and Oracle posts on the JCP combined with the merger.
Oracle doesn't have two seats. (This occurred previously when they
bought BEA).
2) The JCP is simply a process administered by a department of Oracle.
Oracle can dissolve the department at any time, effectively dissolving
"the JCP".
3) The JCP legal agreement (JSPA) may be terminated with 60 days
notice.

Stephen