On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Karsten Silz <karsten.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 22, 3:48 pm, Josh Berry <tae...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> (Of course, the
>> cynic in me thinks most folks are just highly susceptible to well done
>> marketing and haven't given much thought as to what they want until
>> told what they want.)
>
> "If I had asked my customers what they wanted they would have said a
> faster horse."
> Henry Ford, possibly (http://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/07/28/ford-
> faster-horse/)
>
> "A lot of times, people don't know what they want until you show it to
> them."
> Steve Jobs (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38339.html)
>

> :-)

Yeah, but the cynic in me isn't that people don't realize they want
something they have never seen before, but that they just flat out
believe someone saying they need something if the person saying it
does so persuasively enough.  Consider the folks that upgrade to the
latest bloody iPod even though they already own one less than 3
generations old.  The odds that the new one honestly does something
the old one did not are vanishingly slim.