On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Kirk <kirk.pepperd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And while we're at it.. an iPad is a portable computer with a design that
> well.. already existed on the desktop for quite some time.. so they just
> made it small enough to easily cart about and well, that touch screen thing
> again.

I think it is more apt to compare the iPad to the iPod, as it really
is just a larger version.  Which is both what annoys me about it and
what makes it such a genius marketable device.  I wanted the Lenovo X
Tablet to be cheaper.  Still would, actually.  Most folks just want a
larger browsing device for as cheap as possible.  (Of course, the
cynic in me thinks most folks are just highly susceptible to well done
marketing and haven't given much thought as to what they want until
told what they want.)