On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:07:39 +0100, zentrop...@yahoo.co.uk <zentrop...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

just a note:

i was never talking about "technology for technology sake".

all my "let's try..." thingies came from making stuff better (be it
faster processes, automated ones, better performance and so on).

Are you able to translate all these good intentions into an internal report that *proves* that better technology makes more money for the company (again, sorry about that, but the company is not primarily interested in the frustration of developers, is interested in making more money. And developers aren't necessarily the only frustrated class of employees in a company. Sure, less frustrated employees might trigger efficiency improvements, but again this must be proved). Translated, this means: are you able to talk in the business language?

--
Fabrizio Giudici - Java Architect, Project Manager
Tidalwave s.a.s. - "We make Java work. Everywhere."