I agree that you are trying to make the place better, but the place won't
let you. Unless you get buy-in from on-high, there is not much you can do.
Most people try to introduce new technologies in places that are not
critical such as testing, batch processing, etc. They don't have as
critical a function and as negative an impact when they fail. Eventually
some of that will get into the main system. There are still companies out
there running 30 year old software. If it works, why fix it?

Robert Casto
www.robertcasto.com
www.sellerstoolbox.com