Actually the BBC fairly frequently criticises its own reporting, and it
even goes a step more meta, criticism of its own criticism of its own
reporting.  The Balen case is of an internal report into its own reporting
that it decided not to make public.  I don't recall the case and am getting
all context from Wikipedia, but that doesn't sound so bad.

If you know a report is going to be made public will you be as honest in
its content?