Did insert a work?

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Marks, Jim
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2012 10:35 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Attachments in Outlook 2010 Rich Text

Thank you for the suggestions.  When I press Jaws+F7, no links show and Jaws
recommends I press Jaws+F5.  And we already know that Jaws+F5 does not work
in Jaws 14 for Outlook 2010 attachments in an RTF message.

Interestingly enough, when I press Jaws+Shift+W, the RTF message does not
open up in a browser.  Instead, a list of options pops up, and I can save
the attachment using the save attachments option.  This latter option likely
is the best workaround yet.

I asked Freedom Scientific for assistance, but have not had the time to work
with tech support over the phone.  When I do, I will let the list know the
outcome.  For sure, the function of Jaws+F5 changed in Jaws 14 within
Outlook 2010.  That useful keystroke works just fine in Jaws 13, but does
not work in the latest Jaws version.

Someone suggested that I get state government to do something about RTF
messages.  I appreciate that our choices are to change our own skills and
technologies or to change our environments.  Before insisting that the world
change for me, I'd like to restore the functionality earlier Jaws versions
provided.  With the two workarounds provided on this listserv, I don't think
I have to go to the extreme of asking everyone to refrain from using RTF
formats in Outlook.

Best!

------
Jim Marks