OK,

It looks like I have been bludgeoned into seperating Jetty config and impl.

Just for the record, Jason, I still don't think you have taken in my
suggestion.

You seem to think that I am belligerently hanging onto the idea of
delivering Jetty in a single file, which needs unpacking, editing and
repacking in order to change the port number.

If this is not the case - apologies

If it is - WAKE UP (I'm allowed to raise my voice here, because I am
following precedent).

I have suggested delivering the jetty-plugin UNPACKED numerous times (as
you will now find it if you build HEAD).

There is NO unpack/repack needed to edit the configuration. You just
edit deploy/jetty-plugin.sar/META-INF/jboss-service.xml.

If I see one more reference to having to pack/repack the sar, I will go mad.

The only difference between what you suggest and I suggest is the
location of the Jetty files.

You want to split them up (into 2 different dirs) across the JBoss distrib.

I want to keep them together (in 1 dir), so that it is clearer exactly
which parts of JBoss constitute Jetty, in order that anyone can replace
that module trivially.

I can't make it much clearer than that.

I don't think that anyone has made a decent case for not having the
Jetty impl present in the deploy directory. The plugin (impl and cfg) IS
a deployable.

However in the interests of conformity and world peace, I shall fall on
my sword and repackage Jetty according to a greater wisdom.

Ouch  :-)

Jules

P.S.

Did anyone actually have anything constructive to say about where Jasper
should go ?