David Jencks wrote:
Agreed. All I am talking about is an MBean server. If someone wants more JBoss services on the client side they can do that, but it shouldn't be required.

Conceptually I like this, but...

Are you thinking that these mbeans won't have any attributes?  Or do you
plan to set them hardcoded in code?  Or where does the configuration come
from?  Can we serialize a prototype from the server and register the
deserialized copy on the client? Is there some way to use the new remote
jmx stuff for something like this?
I don't care; these are all details. It really depends on what is simplest to understand and code.

-dain