> Hiram, I think you missed the point.  Of course we could do this with
> out requiring JMX; anything is possible.  The point is if we agree that
> JMX is always on the client side then entire system is simplified.

I guess the disconnect is happening right here.  IMO JMX does not always
make things easier.  What do you think JMX provides that would simplify "the
entire system"?  Is it:
(1) Runtime server administration
(2) Service creation/configuration/lookup.

Even though those are super important on the server side, I just don't see
how important those would be on the client side.  Am I missing something
else?

Regards,
Hiram