Still a newbie, but making progress thanks to the list....

I'm using a servlet that processes forms, puts the necessary
results in the session and redirects to a jsp page. Working
pretty well, but the display of the jsp page is very slow.

Poking around, I found out something that probably has an
easy resolution, but I don't know what it is.

In the session is a Collection of Profile objects.  Boiling it
down, the assignment to the "homeId" in the code below can
take as long as a full second! What is going on here? Given
a Collection called "nameList" and an int with the size of the
list named "nameListSize":

for(int k=0;k<nameListSize;++k) {
     Long homeId = profile.getId();  // takes one full second!
}

The "id" is the primary key for the CMP entity bean of
type "Long." I assume since the servlet is "finished" that
passivate() is being called, so accessing the bean is
causing it to not only go back to the database, but to
do other stuff, too.

What do I do about this? Thanks.