At 09:00 PM 1/16/01 +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:

>>>Ant has some nice features that might be useful --
>>>especially classpath management.  For instance,
>>>you can set it up to automatically include all
>>>jars/zips in a particular directory in the build classpath.
>>>This might be a nice feature for JDE -- Paul?
>
>>This would be easy to do. Just give my some clue as
>>to how the directory should be specified. Customization
>>variable? e.g.,
>>   jde-class-library-dirs
>
>I've done this with my compile stuff. The ant feature is the same as
>extdir. So that's what I did... just had the ant compilation module
>use the extdir.
>
>I'll be releasing a new vesion of the jde-compile-plus (wish I didn't
>have to use that name) stuff soon. The new version includes a macro to
>handle relative paths. The compiler funcs revert to tradition funcs
>that can be called through a pointer (which allows different funcs to
>be used).
>
>The relative path macro could be used across the JDE to apply
>relative paths wherever they are needed.

Hi Nic,

I've updated the JDE to handle environment variables in classpaths and was
planning on including relative paths as well. Both will be included in the
next release. Now, at Jason's prompting, I'll probably also add the ability
to include all the jar/lib files in the directories specified by
jde-class-library-dirs.

- Paul