Hi Dan,

Finally it is me. Yup, I deserve a spanking for not reading the list, especially those posts related to me. Sorry bout that. I've moved to Mac platform and got slight mental and physical disorder regarding Windows ;)

First of all, huge thanks for this patch regarding MIO_WSASYNC!

I installed the new build over my compiled version and I've run in to
two snags.  First, the database between the two versions is not
compatible.  I used the installed database and it worked fine.

Well...
$ head tools/db-update.sqlite

Yup this is something I found missing in the SVN, added it looking at the db-setup.sqlite differences from times of my last commit and todays. It won't hurt if you run it twice, it will report errors on fields that are already updated in the database.

The
next problem is that SASL no longer seems to work. I don't know what
the problem is, but an 'internal server error' is being returned to
the client.  Any idea what this could be?  Logging in with no
encryption works. When logging in with SASL the c2s server log shows
I have authenticated, but the session manager shows nothing.

When it installs, it installs libgsasl.dll.  Is this what you mean?

This is major change in comparison to previous win32 builds, we use now GSASL also for win32. I did one try to port GSASL to win32 last year, but I've surrendered. Once Tomasz deprecated Cyrus SASL for good, I did try once again yesterday. This time I found the reason it wasn't working, it was using /dev/random and having minor problems in other functions. Also those Vortex builds for win32 have the same problems... and simply don't work, reporting stupid error GSASL_MECHANISM_CALLED_TOO_MANY_TIMES, while the problem was gc_nonce function that was returning 3 == GSASL_MECHANISM_CALLED_TOO_MANY_TIMES, but the error was out of gsasl scope (different library).

So, do you use, DIGEST-MD5? Do you build libgsasl it yourself? If yes, do you use the patches for libgsasl I've posted on my site at:
http://www.nanoant.com/projects/jabberd2-win32#download

Because without them especially without patch file, libgsasl will compile on win32, but simply won't work, as it is trying use /dev/ random, and etc.

But then if you use my patch, then it must be again some other problem with libgsasl I haven't encountered yet. Please post me details about the auth method you're using, and maybe try disabling DIGEST-MD5 for user auth, and try PLAIN <-

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki |: nanoant.com :|