[EMAIL PROTECTED] a icrit :

> > But using XML would help me to have :
> > . a XML black box with predefined entries
>
> Not sure what this one means.

I meant the rule engine would be seen from the outside system as a
black-box
exchanging data  using XML-format.

> > . as XML standards (RuleML) are emerging for Rule writing , I could use them
>
> Note that storing data as XML, and storing rules as XML, are two
> different things; the first is easy, the second is hard. Up till now
> you've only been talking about XML data.

You're right, RuleML initiative is doing that second job.
In fact, it is possible to use RuleML to write rules AND create facts
too.
So it is possible to use RuleML for data management too.

> > . no additional Java code to write that would interfere with the original model
> > (fireProperty stuff)
>
> You only need to use property change listeners in your Java objects if
> their member data will change from outside of the direct control of

> static definstances without changing the code.

You are right. That is definitly an issue.

> > . a neat design reusable in other context/projects (everybody
> > interfaces with XML now !)
>
> Indeed. Everybody seems to be getting their tongue pierced, as well,
> but I personally won't be doing so.

Me neither for the tongue-piercing,
but I'm sure Jess will have XML-enabled features or interfaces in the
future :-)
In addition, the possibility to design a reusable component seems for me
to be an interesting asset enough.

Regards,
Emmanuel