On Nov 3, 2006, at 3:09 AM, Negoita, Cristian wrote:

Issue is, this simplified syntax is decisive in using Jess further in the project. Jess 6 is used already, but, now, in another part of the project there is the need to change/generate rules at runtime, which would be much simpler with the new syntax.

Here we have to know when these parenthesized expressions will be supported (time und release von Jess), so we can match it with our release timeframe.

It would be a feature in Jess 7.1, not 8.0, so it's a near-term feature. I don't have a release date yet, but I would expect it to be in Q1 2007.

Personally, if I was writing code to generate rules, I'd be doing it in JessML (Jess's new XML format). Rules can be translated easily between the two representations, and it's much easier to generate XML programmatically.