> I'm not fully up to speed on EMF, but are we talking about something
> like this?
>
> http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Rule%20Modeling%20With%20EMF/
> article.html

Yes, I forgot about this article.  But EMF has a slick capability to create
a model from any XML Schema, really as a general Java-to-XML binding similar
to JAXB.  Would take only an hour or so to have a complete EMF model from
the JessML schema.  See:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextools.cgi/*checkout*/org.eclipse.emf/doc
/org.eclipse.emf.doc/tutorials/xlibmod/xlibmod.html

I'll be at the Semantic Web conference in Atlanta area next week, but will
try to bootstrap an EMF model from JessML and send it to you.

An advantage of EMF is that it also generates edit support for use of the
models in Eclipse.

Dave