On Nov 3, 2006, at 2:46 PM, Dave Carlson wrote:

Have you considered creating a rule metamodel based on Eclipse EMF? It would be easy to bootstrap from the JessML schema (if that is a reasonable metamodel structure), and the resulting Java-based EMF model would even read/write the JessML xml syntax. A customized class could be written that
would read/write the native Jess syntax to the EMF model.

I'm not fully up to speed on EMF, but are we talking about something like this?

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Rule%20Modeling%20With%20EMF/ article.html

Related to the recent thread on OWL, I am also working with the EMF- based metamodel for OWL that reads/writes OWL or RDF ontologies, although this
metamodel is based on the OMG's ODM spec.  See:

http://www.eclipse.org/emft/projects/eodm/#eodm

Thanks, Dave. I'm not surprised to hear you are on the cutting edge of this area -- this has been your longstanding area of expertise.