>There do have some iPhone/iPod touch app for 3D molecule viewing. Here
>is one http://www.sunsetlakesoftware.com/molecules .

I think there is a connection of sorts between the above  app and Jmol.   The
app I think relies on the original  Roger Sayle Rasmol opensource codes; I
presume it was ported to  Objective  C (?) and renders using  OpenGL.  Jmol of
course originated from Xmol, as a re-write into  Java in  1996, but has
assimilated much of  Rasmol, including most significantly the  scripting
concepts (but not, as we know, the  OpenGL).  In truth, "molecules"  has some
way to go  before it even begins to approach  Jmol in functionality.
--

Professor Henry S Rzepa.
+44 (020) 7594 5774 (Voice); http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/ & /rzepa/blog

(Voracious anti-spam filter in operation for received email.
If expected reply not received, please phone/fax).