Chuck, question: JmolViewer extends JmolSimpleViewer, so how is it that
there is something in JmolSimpleViewer that is not in JmolViewer? Or is
"SimpleJmolViewer" your own class?

I regularly add aspects to JmolViewer that people need exposed. Do let me
know if that is the case. The point of using JmolViewer is to identify the
public methods of Viewer that are actually public and not just necessarily
so for inter-package processing within Jmol. Those are the ones that we
guarantee will not be changed; others in Viewer may be modified without
notice.

Can you send me a copy of your SimpleJmolViewer interface? Suggestions for
additions to JmolViewer?

Bob

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Charles Shubert <cshub...@mit.edu> wrote:

> **
> Hi Lochana,
>
>   StarBiochem required some functionality available in the
> SimpleJmolViewer but not exposed in the JmolViewer interface.

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900