Whilst  I am on the topic, we have a long standing issue with file paths on
Windows.

A script such as  x = file("?");load @x;

will successfully load a file from a local hard drive, ie

FileManager.getAtomSetCollectionFromFile(file:/C:/temp/C9_mo29.cub)
FileManager opening 1 file:/C:/temp/C9_mo29.cub

But change the drive to a network drive, and one gets the following

script ERROR:
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/cub2jvxl///icnas4.cc.ic.ac.uk/rzepa/strepto/C9_mo29.cub

where you can see that the network drive is located on eg  icnas4.cc.ic.ac.uk
etc

I understand Windows uses different path  protocols for local and network
drives?

Finally,  none of this load a local file stuff seems to work at all using
JSmol?  Are there any plans there?

Henry