Let me start by repeating the original question: is there a way to get a numerical value of the dipole moment calculated by Jmol based on the partial charges in the file?

Now back to spartan files (see below). If the spartan file is generated by "double calculations" the charge information in the file is not readable by Jmol.

By double calculations I mean (1). a full-optimization using one method (density functional for example) that is saved under a different file name on which file (2) a point ("energy") calculation is performed with another method (HF for example). If the geometry from the first calculation is saved as xyz (for example) and then the point calculations are carried on that geometry, the partial charge information can be read by Jmol.

PM