I think there are two possible threads here.  The music you liked that your
teen peers didn't, and the music you liked that your grown-up peers say you
shouldn't have!

As for the former, I worshipped Joni when all my peers professed to HATE
her, and I loved the Incredible String Band, who were totally unknown to
everyone but me and my cat.  Plus an assortment of other English folkie
types, like Fairport, Steeleye Span, Pentangle, Ralph Mctell...I had a
million records in my room, which made me look cool to  my peers until they
saw the titles.  Then I looked weird.

As for the former, I liked Seals & Crofts (eek. how syrupy).  And Hall &
Oates (eek! how shallow).

Deb Messling  =^..^=