> Hmmm... Sounds like our record collections in >high school were very
similar, Bill!

Yeah, what is so embarrassing? ;-)

> I also was gaga for Karen Carpenter.  And I also >was quite a fan of the
Fifth Dimension.  Their >versions of 'Stoned Soul Picnic' and 'Save
> the Country' along with Streisand's versions of >'Stoney End' and 'Time
and Love' were my first >exposures to Laura Nyro as well (not counting
> 'And When I Die by...was it Gary Puckett and the Union Gap?  Somebody help
me out here!)

Me too, exactly, with regard to the exposure to Laura.  Don't know about
Gary Puckett but I thought he was great, too!

Kakki