Reuben wrote:

> They were doing a "best singles" of 2001
> piece, and listed Britney's "Slave 4 U" as one of
> them.  The article stated (I'm badly quoting from
> memory here:) "Not since Madonna crooned 'Only when
> I'm dancing can I feel this free' has a pop song
> sounded so sultry and refreshing..."

Well, I *looooooooove* "I'm a Slave 4 U."  Those
gaping rests in the chorus, that metallic bongo beat.
Yum.  95% the credit for its greatness goes to the
Neptunes production, and it's really Vanity 6 pt. 2,
but I don't give a damn.  I'mago dance to it on the
headphones at Virgin right now.

Get it, get it, uh.

--Michael

NP:  Devo, "Peek-a-Boo"

NP:

=====
"She thinks she's Sophia Loren's mini-Me."

--salon.com on Penelope Cruz

/
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com