Bob wrote:

"Dancing Clown's got nuttin' to do with horses. Except for how she came up with the
character's names, that is...the song itself doesn't have anything to do with horses"

Naming the characters with racehorses names has SO much to do with the song. Sure,
it's a gang of men and 1 woman kinda song - but once i read what Mimi posted on the
JMDL site, it was so nice - i mean, to think that Joni could talk about the gang in
the song as if they're all horses! hehe - and that high yellow Suzie! hehe - too late,
Bob, ever since i read it in the lyric glossary, whenever i hear the song, i'm
laughing cause the thought of men and women as racehorses is so funny! :)

For those who still didn't read what Mimi wrote in the JMDL - here it is:

"Joni laughed that great musical chortle of hers, and told me that she had no idea it
was a Rawhide reference, but that Rowdy Yates was a racehorse right off her program
from the Santa Anita track, and that the names from that song, were all racehorses. {I
just love a good anecdotal explanation straight from the source!}"

Nuri

p.s. Thank you so much Bob for the Idol information. It's more and more that i hear
and read about Joni feeling like a playwright/director and i like it a lot. I remember
her saying - it was a radio interview when TTT was released - that she acts the lyrics
and that like an actor she can change the feeling that's coming out of the lyrics
according to the character she's choosing to play. When listening to her songs after
that, i could hear what she was talking about.

Free email, web pages, news, entertainment, weather and MORE!
Check out -------------------------------> http://wowmail.com