--- Nuriel Tobias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Bob wrote:
>
> "Dancing Clown's got nuttin' to do with horses.
> Except for how she came up with the character's
> names, that is...the song itself doesn't have
> anything to do with horses"
>
> Naming the characters with racehorses names has SO
> much to do with the song. Sure, it's a gang of men
> and 1 woman kinda song - but once i read what Mimi
> posted on the JMDL site, it was so nice - i mean, to
> think that Joni could talk about the gang in the
> song as if they're all horses! hehe - and that high
> yellow Suzie! hehe - too late, Bob, ever since i
> read it in the lyric glossary, whenever i hear the
> song, i'm laughing cause the thought of men and
> women as racehorses is so funny! :)

I remember that discussion coming up and for some
reason, I remember it as being cows (cattle, bulls)
rather than horses! I've never seen the video for this
but I had created one in my own mind - it would be
animated, with the characters being played by
different types of bovines.  The high-yella babe would
be a Jersey cow naturally (what pretty cows these
are!); Rowdy Yates would be one of those rust-coloured
types (sorry, I don't know the name) and the other guy
would be a black Angus.  Fortunately, I can't draw, so
if anyone wants the idea, it's yours for a song.