Well I am still here all though I just realsized "there's no place like
home". Gawd those people almost killed me. The Donny Osmond Tribute was
divine (Darice) I did Puppy Love, which made Alison just swoon.. but I
digress.
I delivered Alison her new Garrison Guitar in time for her Birthday (which
sounds great). Friday I failed miserably in getting us access to the Eric
Johnson Show with the all star guest list, but we went out and had a blast
at sushi restuarant and then back to the hotel for lots of music. Saturday
night we did Chinese and of course I knew half the people in the dining room
(including some undesirables). It was a wonderful feast and the company was
grand. Sunday night as you all know our hosts Rick and Brad really knocked
themselves out to feed, drink, and entertain us. The Mexican feast was
wonderful as was the company and libations. I was forced into opening a
bottle of Patron Silver and downed a healthy portion of it. This was AFTER
dinner of course and after we had set up Dulson's PA (which was left right
next to the grand piano) and took turns playing Joni songs and of course
Kate and Clark treated us to some wonderful original music as well as the
new star of the JMDL (yes that's right!) Donna "Texas" Binkley. She did a
helluva version of Case of You and an original. Kakki and Clark wowed the
crowd with That Song About The Midway. So many great tunes and singalongs.
It was sad that we had to leave and get back to Anaheim. My boy Julius is a
real champ and managed to get me to the airport on time (even though we got
lost several times thanks to the damn yahoo map. Once I pulled Alison's map
out we got there in no time). The airport was horendous at 4:30am. One hour
to check in and hour and change to pass security. No time for breakfast, but
made the flight and managed to catch 23 winks in the Delta sardine can
(thanks gawd I had an aisle). My NAMM shows have become so much more fun
because I get to party with the SO. Cal. group, especially Kakki who is
always fun and great to party with.
I even managed to do some business while I am there. I was invited to check
out some new speaker technology (that is not out on the market yet) and it
is the most incredible thing I have ever seen. It is gonna put the industry
on it's ass. I cannot say anymore than that right now, but I have agreed to
bring the systems to New Orleans to use on my Jazz Fest gigs. Make your
reservations now to hear this amazing technology. Jazz Fest schedule should
be hitting the streets soon.
Last night I came home and worked with Jack on his record and we are
officially finished with the bottoms. We are now gonna have a few guest
overdubs and then we mix and get this unbelievable collection of songs out
there to the masses. I hope to catch up on the list tonight. My best to all
my cohorts at the So. Cal First Annual Donny Osmond Tribute Festival
(SCFADOTF  WOW that has  REAL ring to it) Love to all

Paz

NP-The Wedding Song-Jack Neilson