Paz wrote:

> Where the feck is Alison anyways??? Did she make it back to Utah OR is she
in Malibu??????

Yes!  And I'm really getting worried 'bout Julius, too!  I was too comatose
to follow you all to Malibu Sunday but it sounded wonderful with the
dolphins and the beach birthday shots.

I took Julius and Alison to a little dive bar nearby last Thursday that's
been written up locally and also in Vanity Fair and Rolling Stone as THE
place.  We showed up at 1:30 am and it looked abandoned but I sent Julius to
check the door and the place was in full hop.  It's a total dive on the
surface but there are subtle, wonderful touches such as a jukebox with whole
CDs of the best of Hendrix, Prince and Mingus (voted best in LA Weekly), all
the best choice of liquor (three selections of Patron and Hendricks Gin
which I've only found one other place here) and separate rooms for pool and
dancing. Arty but friendly and not poseur crowd.  Took a downtown friend
over to check it out and guess what - they let everyone SMOKE in the bar,
too!!  It used to be a kind of handout for the LAPD and Dodgers and we
figured it's still under police protection or something.  Anyway, I thought
with the pool table and the free smoking zone, it would be an attractive new
place for Joni to stop by ;-)

Kakki