Julius crawled over to my place Monday afternoon - I did my best to revive
him but later received a phone message that he was lost on the way to the
airport.  I fear he may have ended up in Baja rather than LAX!

We had fantastic meals thanks to Paz the gourmand and lots of beautiful live
music into the wee hours. Donna is yet another naturally talented jmdler and
I loved hearing her sing and play.  She gave me her band's ("BC and the
Headaches") CD and though it may be from the heart of Texas, I was so
reminded of early Fleetwood Mac and some of my fave San Fran 60's sounds.
Donna sounds so much like Christine McVie (who I always like better than
Stevie).  Alison and Julius also sing gorgeously and with Pazman being the
human jukebox - we had our heart's desire of tunes.  Though we didn't make
it to Donny or Eric, we did see a mindblowing acoustic guitar show Sat.
night which included Laurence Juber, formerly with Wings, Claus
Boesser-Ferrari from Germany, and Michael Chapdelaine, who looks like a
skateboarding beach boy but studied under Andre Segovia.  It was like
watching a magic show - you could see only two hands playing but hear 10
hands.  Stunning.  We were in phone contact with Kate and Jeff and they
managed to get right into a party with Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady that
night (I can hear you now, Darice ;-)

The wonderful Rick's Casa was particularly cozy Sunday night.  His living
room is the most amazing venue for a jmdler jam and we took full advantage.
Thanks to Clark for being my song pardner and to the Dulson's for giving us
sound.  Thanks so much to Darice who sent us two packages fulls of martini
glasses, chocolates, CDs and exotic jams to ease our way; to Alison and
Julius for the tres cool books on L.A. and Van Gogh and to Paz for the
Aztecan/Honduran tequila decanter and serving set ;-)   Wish we could have
all followed Kate the next day to Kauai!

Kakki, back to recovery mode

NP:  Rickie Lee Jones - Love Junkyard