> Don't believe in reincarnation but if I did, I want to live some of your
> life Kakki.   Talk about California Dreamin.

Aw, Mack, as you can see I'd like to reincarnate it again, too :-)  I was
pondering the 60s thread today (Electric Kool Aid Acid Test was the first
book that came to my mind, too, for recommended reading) and trying to think
(remember) why it all seemed so magical in SoCal then.  There were about 10
million less people, many grew up with families who worked in the industries
of fantasy (drama and music) and dreams (putting a man on the moon), even 12
year olds could manage to see most of the now famous 60s groups down at the
local high school or even in the local clubs, all to the backdrop of a
semi-endless summer where you could ski in the morning and surf, sail or
fish in the afternoon.  It sounds like a mythical place to describe it now,
but it really did exist for a period in time.  That's why hearing stories
from that lost world from Gil, Dulson and Darice is so special to me - it
makes it briefly real again. It's different now, of course, but sometimes
when I drive through the canyons on summer nights and smell the sagebrush or
walk along a moonlit beach, a little bit of it is still there.

Kakki

NP:  Left Banke - Pretty Ballerina