Mack,

You keep up all this sweetness and I'm going to relocate you to L.A. ;-)  We
were having fun and there was an amazing sense of togetherness back then
that people from other places coming to town would remark about.  We didn't
live in a perfect world and had laughter and tears like everyone else, but
there was something about the spirit of the place that could always lift one
up.  Did you know that the majority of people who came to SoCal in most of
the 20th century had roots in Texas, Oklahoma and Iowa?  That is probably
partly why L.A. used to be defined as having no center - and it was just a
collection of 100 small towns.  The culture those people brought here went a
long way in establishing the open and friendly, down to earth nature of the
"natives."

Kakki