Dear Grace,

This is so true.One thing I love about Joni, is that she took us with her
through her metamorphosis of trying to learn how to value herself. That is
why I love her music so much. She turned something very painful and personal
into beautiful works of art. My favorite lyric of hers is:

"There's comfort in melancholly
When there's no need to explain
It's just as natural as the weather
In these moody skies today..."

I can't tell you how many days of low or no self-esteem those words helped me
to get through. You are correct that it is an almost impossible task to learn
to love oneself when those around you hve not given you any encouragement. I
think this is why we are such a family here. There are so many of us that
have not had the acceptance we needed and when we heard Joni's music, it was
like a "Aha" moment for us.

Sincerely,
Sherelle