Ciao joniphiles,

     "  I was never quite sure what that line was and 'Johnny Angel'
just sounded silly to me. Do you know how this fits into the song and why
Joni put it there? I've seen the video and I still can't figure it out."

     dave: I have no idea! I'm sure someone else on the list might know or
have a better guess.

     BTW, I received a copy of Joni's video "Refuge of the Roads" yesterday
and was playing some of it last night (thaks Bob Muller!). Am I crazy or
does it seem like Joni cannot open her mouth all the way - it looks like,
and sounds, like she is singing through almost clenched teeth. Does this
have anything to do with her dental problems that I have read about here on
the list in the past? Or is it my imagination? dave.