If you really want to get serious about tracing the origins of what we
today call "sampling," you can trace them back at least to some novelty
hits of the 1950s.  And what about The Beatles?  Isn't there anything in
their canon that could be termed sampling?

The ironic thing about the Kate Bush record you mention is that it was
not very well received when it came out.  It was considered way too
experimental... my fave KB record is, and remains, Never For Ever.