My mail in response to two pieces from yesterday's digest #447 (by
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED]) was entitled 'slut
whore bimbo' but luckily I read 448 before hitting the send button. And
there I see a post from Yael which said what I was going to say in a much
better way so now I won't bother. Thanks Yael for reminding us that we,
as a group and as individuals, still have a long way to go as far as
gender bias is concerned. MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were as equally
untalented as Cristina and Madonna but nobody criticised them in terms of
their gender. When are we going to get over this desire to insult people
in this way when we are unhappy with something unrelated to their gender,
i.e. their music.

mike in barcelona

NP Tete Montoliu  Giant Steps