Some singers are way too laid-back for my liking too,
Anne Murray being the prime example of someone who
annoys the crap out of me because she always sounds
too anemic and mellow.
Yeah..I just want to put a bag over her head. She is a very nice person...but.....sleep time. Anne is the female Perry Como.

I probably speak heresy here, but what the hell; Diana
Krall sounds to me like she could use iron pills or
something most of the time - and yet there are times
she nails it.
Dems fighin words! She always nails it for me..but it is all about personal taste. Oh..I was discussing Krall's voice with that women that hails from Chicago way..that will soon lay those golden eggs..anyway...it is the way Diana sustains those notes..that makes her voice so appealing.

For some strange reason..I think of DK being born state side. Kakki mentioned her being Canadian..I thought.. oh..yeah.

I much prefer the underambitious singer..but then I think of the great opera singers...and they can be very appealing too.

I'm not sure if the voice matters all
that much, but you have to believe the person who's
singing. You have to believe they mean every word of
it.

Yes...if you can "own" the song that is everything! Loose yourself to the the song...that's the trick.

A chacun son gout.
Will you need surgery for this?  OR will something from over the counter do?

Bree

=====
Catherine
Toronto