I promise this is my last post of the day.

Catherine Said:
> >I probably speak heresy here, but what the hell; Diana
> >Krall sounds to me like she could use iron pills or
> >something most of the time - and yet there are times
> >she nails it.

I knew you were gonna be in trouble here Catherine.  I was counting the seconds till
Bree would
post.

Bree roared:
> Dems fighin words!  She always nails it for me..but it is all about personal >
>taste.  Oh..I was
discussing Krall's voice with that women that hails from
> Chicago way..that will soon lay those golden eggs..anyway...it is the way
> Diana sustains those notes..that makes her voice so appealing.

Diana has this kind of "f*** me if you want to - I'll be here writing out the grocery
list in the
mean time and during" kind of attitude or style when she sings.  It's a little cold
and aloof.  I
HAVE over-posted today.  But I know what I mean.  Not much foreplay and then she just
goes & gets
the job done.

Personally, being a bit more emotional person, I also find I sing that way.  And
choose songs,
normally, I can sing fairly even but that have that big finish or kick.   Much like
Phoebe Snow
does, Dinah Washington did this as well somewhat.  This goes to selling the song ...
in my
opinion.  I would like, Krall Master Bree, if I may say ths one thing, to hear Diana
do this a bit
more.  It's just a personal choice, and I think it is where she falls a tad short for
me.

> >I'm not sure if the voice matters all that much, but you have to believe the person
>who's
singing. You have to believe they mean every word of
> >it.
>

> Yes...if you can "own" the song that is everything!  Loose yourself to the
> the song...that's the trick.

Yes and somehow Diana still pulls this off - for the most part.  The voice matters, in
that it has
to stand out and carry it all.  But I love the clear as a bell voice as much as the
raspy
growlers.  It just depends what other ingredients are there for me.

> >A chacun son gout.
>
> Will you need surgery for this?  OR will something from over the counter do?

This may be the freakin funniest thing you ever said Bree!  I don't know why but it's
totally got
me laughing and snorkling!  I can't even look at the freakin screen! I have definitely
been on
line much too long today.

Good Night You Princesses and Princes of Joniland!

Peace,
Susan

NP: Diana Krall/ Besa Me Mucho
http://mailplus.yahoo.com